Temporary Orientation Assistant - 11573BR
Temporary Orientation Assistant
The Orientation Program Assistant provides support for freshman and transfer orientation programs housed in the Office of First-Year Experience. This position will facilitate connections between students, parents, and guests and campus partners to ensure access to resources and information. This position serves as part of a team to deliver exceptional customer service and support to students during their transition to the University of Kansas. Depending on work schedule, duties will include the following:
- Supporting the orientation check-in process by answering questions and connecting students, parents, and guests to campus resources.
- Preparing orientation materials for walk-on guests and late arrivals.
- Monitoring orientation operations to ensure smooth flow of individuals and information.
- Serving as a liaison to campus advising partners and enrollment management staff to ensure successful completion of the advising and enrollment process.
- Implementing opening and closing procedures for the orientation hospitality room.
This position is a limited term appointment from May-August 2018 reporting to the Associate Director for Orientation Programs.
The Office of First-Year Experience is a division within Undergraduate Studies.
30% - Orientation communications. Serve as a liaison between the orientation program and campus advising partners, enrollment management staff, and other campus offices. Support the transition of students from individual advising appointments to the advising help room. Remain in contact with relevant program staff to ensure that advising situations are successfully resolved. Monitor staffing levels for information sessions and services at the start or end of each day. Enlist additional staff resources to support areas of need. Help to address with campus partners any challenges that impact orientation operations, for example, transportation or technology needs.
- Bachelor’s degree and two-years relevant work experience.
- Familiarity with KU student information systems, for example, the KYOU portal, Enroll and Pay, the Degree Progress Report, and Blackboard.
- Strong oral and written communication skills as evidenced by application materials and experience.
- Master’s degree.
- Experience working with student staff.
- Familiarity with KU advising practices and procedures.
Additional Candidate Instructions
A cover letter addressing how required qualifications are met.
3 Professional References
Deadline for applications has been extended until Friday, April 27, 2018.