Temporary Violence Prevention Community Health Worker - 10543BR
Temporary Violence Prevention Community Health Worker
Note: This position requires flexibility to work some evenings & weekends, a reliable car and valid driver’s license.
- 40% - Provide case plan, mentoring and advocacy services in the school, home and community to support youth participants (ages 13-19) and their families in developing and implementing a personal health and academic plan; Broker resources, referrals and supports for implementing the youth and family case plans to address health, academic, and personal goals.
- 20% - Respond to hospital and community referrals regarding injury and violence incidences involving youth from or in the priority zip code areas in northeast KC, KS. Conduct visits in the hospital and home and maintain follow-up contact with participants and families.
- 20% - Provide in-school services and supports (e.g., conflict resolution training).
- 10% - Document consistently and accurately in written and computerized records all contacts with participants and program partners.
- 10% - Assist in violence prevention efforts for the project and/or with other partners, and support other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Experience working with or serving youth in Wyandotte County evidenced by work history.
- Experience working with diverse populations across racial and ethnic groups and socioeconomic status evidenced by application materials.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team and work well with supervision, evidenced by application materials.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented; Punctual & extremely reliable.
- Experience communicating and presenting effectively to individuals and groups, evidenced by application materials.
- Personal experience in overcoming violence/ violence-related injuries and or involvement with the criminal justice system.
- Bachelor’s degree or four years’ experience working with community groups and/or youth organizations.
- Experience and familiarity with using computers and computer programs including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Ability to learn new computer software and applications.