Temporary Worker- Stage Manager - 19231BR
Temporary Worker- Stage Manager
The Stage Manager (SM) will work under the direction of the Technical Director of Theatre and will oversee the rehearsal process and coordinate communications among various production teams for a specific production produced by the University Theatre or University Dance Company. During rehearsals, the stage manager works with the director to record blocking, light, sound and set change cues in the prompt book, a master copy of the script used to run technical rehearsals and the actual performances.
During performances, the stage manager "runs the book," which means they use the prompt book to cue lights, sound and set changes. The stage manager also takes notes each night on aspects of the performance to distribute to actors and production departments.
Schedules and runs rehearsals, make sure they run smoothly and on time.
Communicates what the director wants to set designers, costume staff and stage crew.
Coordinates the stage crew's work.
Calls cues for crew and possibly actor entrances during performance.
Oversees the show at each performance
- Bachelor’s Degree in Theatre or a related field OR a minimum of one year’s experience working in professional theatres as a technician.
- Experience in Stage Management, as evidenced in application material or from previous work experience.
- Ability to perform physical tasks associated with this occupation, including bending, reaching, climbing, walking up and down stairs, and moving objects up to 50 lbs.
- Flexibility to work around performance schedules.
- Excellent communication, planning, and organizational skills.
Additional Candidate Instructions
Review of applications will be ongoing as needs arise.
Contact Information to Applicants
Advertised Salary Range
This is a temporary, half time position for 1 play production.