Temporary Worker-UPS - 11615BR
- Assist students in subject content preparations for class/tests. Review important concepts relevant to subject tutored.
- Assess learning progress and preparedness of students. Establish an environment of patience, encouragement, and rapport.
- Be punctual and consistent in attendance for tutoring sessions.
- Complete and submit necessary documentation of tutoring sessions
- Complete online time sheets as directed Supervisor.
- Keep Project Director informed of all problems or potential problems regarding tutoring.
- Attend all required tutoring orientations and trainings.
- Provide assistance to project team as needed during summer programming.
- Tutors are requested to give a two week notice prior to resignation.
- Work hours will vary throughout the year - about 10-20 hours per week during the school year up to 40 hours per week during summer programming. Scheduling and availability of hours are determined by the need for tutoring and scheduling availability of successful candidate.
- At least a high school diploma
- At least two semesters of earned college credit
- Experience with communicating effectively with diverse populations
- Prior knowledge or experience in tutoring diverse populations
- Current college student
- Experience with TRIO or GEAR UP programs
- Classroom experience
- Candidate must have a strong commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in education.
Additional Candidate Instructions
Review of applications begins on 4/22/18 and continues as needed to collect a pool of qualified applicants.