Trainer - 10663BR
30% - Works closely with service implementation project team to learn the important details of a new service offering before it is rolled out to campus. Assists in developing communications plans about the new service offering. Helps with project documentation about the service. Researches and demonstrates best practices, helpful tips and hints, and use and develop case examples for the new service. Coordinates with other contacts to obtain needed support services.
20% - Work with KU IT Directors/Managers to:
- Identify and define department-driven training needs and priorities.
- Assure that the KU community is appropriately trained in the tools, applications, and services provided by KU IT (especially new tools, applications, and services)
- Periodically assess the technology service training needs of the KU community and develop materials to meet these needs.
- Contribute to technical documentation and FAQs in appropriate areas.
- Develops survey materials that gauge the efficacy of training of technology service offerings.
- Bachelor’s degree in education, instructional technology, communications, advertising, design, information technology, or a related field.
- Three years of instructional or professional experience in technology training.
- Experience developing online tutorials.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as evidenced in application materials and training experience.
- Experience developing end-user technical documentation.
- Proficient with presentation applications and documentation tools, including: Microsoft PowerPoint, video editing software, and screen capture applications.
- Experience learning new technologies and/or skills quickly with both Windows and Mac operating systems.
- Negotiation and consensus-building among diverse groups.
- Experience managing small to medium sized projects.
- Working knowledge of Blackboard or other online learning management system.
- Experience working in a university environment.
- Experience coordinating and hosting online webinars to further technology skill development.
- Experience using KU’s CMS as a site owner.
- Experience as an end-user with any of the following applications: Skype for Business, myCommunity (SharePoint Online and Office 365)
- Working knowledge of one or more coding languages (HTML, CSS, JSON, python, etc.)
- Industry recognized training certification(s)
- Ability to transport 50 lb. laptop cases on occasion.
Additional Candidate Instructions
- A cover letter addressing how required qualifications are met.
- Resume or CV
- Contact information for 3 Professional References attached to the resume as one document.
Deadline for applications is Monday January 29th, 2018