Undergraduate Student Researcher with Dr. Besson - POOL - 10617BR
Undergraduate Student Researcher with Dr. Besson - POOL
1) radio-wave antenna development, calibration and construction,
2) analysis of data collected with the ANITA (Antarctica), ARA (South Pole), ARIANNA (Ross Ice Shelf, Antarctica), Belle (Japan), CALICE (Moscow), TARA (Utah) and TUNKA (Siberia) experiments using c++ and python codes,
3) Physics Education-related research
- Physics major or related field
- Student enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours at KU
- Experience with C++ and Linux and/or data analysis packages such as MATLAB, OCTAVE, etc.
Additional Candidate Instructions
- Application review begins on December 22, 2017.
- For best consideration submit all application materials by the review date above.
- This is a pool position, so hiring and start dates will be ongoing.
Student appointments may be either undergraduate or graduate students. Exceptions to the minimum enrollment requirements that are granted for GTA/GRA/GA appointments DO NOT apply to student hourly appointments.
During the semester term of the student hourly appointment, the student hourly must be enrolled in no fewer than 6 credit hours.
For summer periods the student must:
1. have been enrolled in no less than 6 hours in the past spring semester, or
2. be pre-enrolled in upcoming fall semester in no less than 6 hours, or
3. be enrolled in summer session, or
4. be admitted to study in the upcoming fall semester