Video Editor and Motion Designer - 22127BR
Video Editor and Motion Designer
The video editor/motion designer creates dynamic, best-in-class videos and motion graphics that tell the University of Kansas story. As part of the digital media team of photographers and videographers, this person plays a critical role in sharing the Jayhawk experience. Additionally, this role will elevate the quality of video production through sophisticated and tasteful integration of motion graphics into the video pipeline. Whether a five-minute recruitment video, or a five-second piece of social content, the ideal video editor/motion designer makes thoughtful choices that support KU Marketing objectives.
This position is for a creative video professional who wants to work for a nationally known brand with an extremely flexible work environment, great benefits, a great team, and in support of a vibrant KU community.
- Create and animate graphic assets that support and integrate into a variety of video projects for a variety of partners.
- Create fully animated videos and individual assets that can be used in a variety of contexts, such as other videos, social media executions, etc.
- Create assets from scratch and those that stem from design concepts created by and with the KU Marketing creative team.
- Edit videos to insert music, dialogue, and sound effects.
- Arrange edits into sequences and correct errors. Select and combine the most effective shots of each scene to form a logical and smooth story.
- Suggest or select specific audio, visual effects, and music.
- Consult with the creative team throughout the post-production process to ensure a high-quality end product.
- Film and run camera for varying productions, including short social media videos, live event documentation, and documentary-style web videos.
- Conduct primary and secondary color correction for finalized videos. Adjust color grading for style.
- Actively participate in brainstorming exercises with team members and clients.
- Develop compelling stories in different ways to appeal to a variety of audiences.
- Related tasks include researching video opportunities, scouting locations, prepping equipment for fieldwork, and restoring communal equipment.
- Attend staff and partner meetings. Plan, strategize, trouble-shoot, and seek solutions for a wide range of partners and issues.
- Work collegially with staff and partners in a team environment.
- As needed, prepare scripts, shooting agenda, and job-status reports.
- Associate’s Degree or higher plus 3 years of full-time experience producing professional video projects.
- An excellent portfolio that shows evidence of creative content generation and excellent design/editing skills, including a demo reel.
- Advanced proficiency in Adobe After Effects and Adobe Premiere
- Experience using the Adobe CS.
- Experience with color correction.
- Professional experience working with video and audio for use on the web, including shooting video on location.
- Experience in advertising, visual communication, and/or other brand development.
- Working knowledge of Mac OS.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, as evidenced by application materials and interview process.
- Experience giving persuasive, effective presentations to clients/partners and teammates.
- Excellent organizational skills, as evidenced by prior work experience.
- Experience managing multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment.
Additional Candidate Instructions
A complete application includes:
- Cover letter addressing how you meet the required and preferred qualifications.
- Contact information for three professional references (including at least one previous or current supervisor).
- Completion of the online application.
- A portfolio of video samples demonstrating advertising/marketing ideas, motion design, color work and good strategic communications.
Application review begins Monday, May 23, 2022 and continues until a pool of qualified applicants is identified.