Residency, Tuition & Certification Specialist
The Office of the University Registrar (OUR) is responsible for catalog and course scheduling, room reservations, student enrollment, tuition and fee assessment, production and maintenance of the academic record including the official academic transcript, enrollment certification, graduation, and diploma production.
This position has primary responsibility for ensuring accurate tuition and fee assessment, including reviews for requests for reassessment and exceptions. This position assists with resident tuition classification decisions/data entry and the certification of Veteran’s Affairs Educational Benefits. Error by this position can result in catastrophic financial loss to the University and therefore accuracy is critical. The person in this position is responsible for knowledge of and compliance with Kansas state statutes, Veteran Affairs, Board of Regents, and University policies and regulations. During peak periods, additional work hours may be required.
If you are looking for a rewarding and dynamic career, look no farther than the University of Kansas. In addition to a competitive salary, KU offers great benefits to employees with up to 176 hours of paid vacation per year, 96 hours of sick leave earned per year, 9 paid holidays plus one discretionary day, a great retirement program, medical and dental insurance, life and disability insurance, other benefit plan options and state of Kansas discounts offered by various vendors. KU also offers employees educational opportunities for employees. KU is a great place to work!
25% - Fee Assessment
- Reads, interprets and applies complex data and policies regarding tuition, fee assessment, fee adjustments and fee reassessment petitions.
- Researches, and corresponds with other departments and students regarding student account information, and validity of fee assessment.
- Makes decisions concerning requests for adjustments, including tuition waivers, based upon established guidelines and updating accounts accordingly, providing excellent customer service in these transactions.
- Makes initial decisions on all fee waiver applications based upon established guidelines and updating accounts accordingly.
- Maintains accurate files on all changes and decisions. Processes administrative enrollment changes each term, maintains accurate tuition and fee charges, ensuring enrollment changes are updated correctly by student records staff.
- Compiles and prepares documents, including notification to students, for fee petition appeals committee meetings.
- Serves as a resource person for testing of the fee assessment module as needed.
- Reads, interprets and applies complex data and policies resident tuition classification.
- Makes initial decisions regarding applicant residency status and assists the Assistant Registrar in reviewing residency applications.
- Compiles and prepares documents, including notification to students, for residency appeals committee meetings.
- Assists with correspondence concerning residency and review status, via email, phone and in person.
- Reads, interprets and applies complex federal policies and regulations regarding VA education benefit certification.
- Provide updates to the federal government to maintain compliance with all related federal regulations.
- Serves as a resource to students and campus community regarding VA educational benefits.
- Assists in review and maintenance of student athlete's records for certification requirements as outlined in NCAA Division I and Big XII compliance policies in a timely manner.
- Assists in dispersing and collection of Progress Toward Degree questionnaires sent to graduation and advisory administrators in each of the schools. Upon receipt of completed questionnaires, evaluates in light of NCAA and Big XII policy.
- Aids in final evaluations as well as semester requirements that must be 100% accurate.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- High school degree/GED
- Two years office experience or two years of post-secondary education
- Excellent communication skills as evidenced in the application materials
- Two years financial related work experience such as assessment, billing, collections, accounting, banking
- Experience in record keeping
- Demonstrated ability to comprehend complex rules and policies as evidenced by application materials.
- Two years experience working with student records
- Strong problem-solving skills as evidenced by application materials.
- Demonstrated ability to work with strict deadlines and high-pressure situations as evidenced by work history.
Additional Candidate Instructions
In addition to the online application, the following documents are required to be considered for this position:
- A cover letter addressing how required and preferred qualifications are met.
- Resume or curriculum vitae.
- Contact information for three professional references.
Contact Information to Applicants
Jordan Wade, firstname.lastname@example.org
Advertised Salary Range
Application Review Begins
Monday September 11, 2023
Anticipated Start Date
Monday October 2, 2023