Biology Undergraduate Teaching Assistant - Student Hourly POOL
- Assist biology professor or graduate teaching assistant with all aspects of the course, including preparation of materials, presentation to the class, proctoring of exams, grading of lab reports/quizzes; may also teach small non-majors lab sections under supervision of lab director.
- The Core Mission is: Provides Continued Delivery of the University’s Critical Education Mission.
- Biology (or related science, education) major as stated in application materials.
- Undergraduate student enrolled in a degree program at KU.
- During the semester term of the appointment, the student hourly must be enrolled in no fewer than 6 credit hours. For summer periods the student hourly must: 1) have been enrolled in no less than 6 hours in the past spring semester or 2) be pre-enrolled in upcoming fall semester in no less than 6 hours or 3) be enrolled in summer session or 4) be admitted to study in the upcoming fall semester. Student Hourlies may be undergraduate or graduate students. (Exceptions granted for GRA/GTA/GA appointments DO NOT apply to Student Hourly appointments).
- At least Junior status for labs.
- Grade of "A" in biology course(s) to be taught.
- Overall 3.25 GPA.
- Federal Work Study eligible students preferred.
Additional Candidate Instructions
- Complete the online application form at http://employment.ku.edu/ and attach a resume. You must also complete an internal new UTA application form at https://biology.ku.edu/sites/kuub/files/files/UTA%20Combined%20PDF.pdf (or available in 2045 Haworth) and attach a resume, teaching statement, advising report, class schedule for the semester you are applying for and two professional recommendation forms that are available at the same URL as the internal UTA application. You can either email it to Kandi Proudfoot, firstname.lastname@example.org or you can drop it off at 2045 Haworth.
- Applications will NOT be considered until the on-line application is complete and the new TA application and required documents are submitted.
- This is a pool for student hourly undergraduate teaching assistants in the department of Undergraduate Biology.
- This is a pool posting. Review of applications will be ongoing, and hires will be made as needed throughout the posting period, April 05, 2023 to March 31, 2024.
Contact Information to Applicants
Advertised Salary Range
$9.00/hour up to $13.00/hour
Times vary depending on schedule of course or lab; evening labs are possible; some administrative and grading duties can be carried out during weekends.
Anticipated Start Date
Monday August 21, 2023