POOL Student Hourly-Entry Level IT Technician
Customer Service Center fosters and strengthens relationships between the KU community and KU Information Technology by providing a single point of contact for services offered by KU IT in a courteous, timely, and knowledgeable manner to facilitate access to information and the innovative use of technology in support of learning, scholarship, and creative endeavor.
- Provide Phone, Email, Chat, & In-Person technology support to faculty, staff, and students for issues related to KU computing systems and services provided by KU IT (Enroll and Pay, E-mail, Blackboard, Classroom support, Delegate support, etc,).
- Follow established departmental policy, processes, and procedures to ensure account security is maintained.
- Generate service tickets and include detailed notes into ticketing system.
- Update the knowledgebase as required.
- Provide remote assistance to users as needed.
- Assist with special projects, administrative reports, and other duties as assigned.
- Provide at best support for personal devices
- Experience working in a customer service environment.*
- Must be available to work evening, weekend, holiday breaks and summer hours.
- Strong oral and written communications skills as evidenced by application materials and interview.
- Enrolled in a minimum of 6 hours at the University of Kansas.
- Familiarity with KU environment and online services offered by KU IT.
- Experience with basic computer hardware and software troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of the following operating systems: Windows, or Apple OS/iOS.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook.
- Experience using and troubleshooting audio/visual and equipment.
- Ability to work independently, as part of a team, and multi-task while staying on task.
Additional Candidate Instructions
A complete application consists of:
- Cover letter addressing how the Required Qualifications are met
- Detailed curriculum vitae
- Names and contact information to 3 Professional References
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Initial review of applications will begin September 17, 2023 and will continue as positions become available. This posting will close when all positions have been filled.
Contact Information to Applicants