Spencer Museum Student Ambassador
Spencer Student Ambassadors share enthusiasm for art and ideas with kindergarten through fifth grader visitors to the Spencer Museum of Art as well as fellow KU students. Students will attend museum guide training and work alongside museum staff to facilitate museum tours for elementary students and plan outreach activities for KU students.
- Provide support to the SMA Education team.
- Guide and facilitate hour-long tours for visiting kindergarten through fifth grade students.
- Attend and participate in ambassador training to learn about the Spencer Museum of Art collections and tour facilitate techniques.
- Provide hands-on assistance in other outreach activities as needed.
- Enrollment at KU in at least 6 hours for the University of Kansas.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing as evidenced through application materials and interview.
- Must be available to work at least four hours a week Tuesday through Friday between 10AM-2:30PM
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- Interest in working with elementary aged children.
- Interest in and enthusiasm for art and/or education.
- Ability to set a positive tone for interaction, demonstrating responsibility and respect for other's rights, feelings, lifestyles, and diverse backgrounds.
- Well organized and good time management skills.
Additional Candidate Instructions
A complete application will include an on-line application, cover letter, and resume.
Contact Information to Applicants
Advertised Salary Range
5 hours a week, based around class schedule.
Anticipated Start Date
Friday September 29, 2023