Outreach Director-Student Hourly
The University of Kansas Student Senate is the primary advocate for students on campus. As one of higher education's finest models of self-governance, 110 senators and 11 executive staff members work together to allocate about $25 million in student fees in ways that best serve students. Student Senate also represents the KU student voice within University, State, and National Governance, working to address and develop policy in students' best interests.
Outreach Director responsibilities:
- Develop programs to expand the role of the Student Senate throughout the University, including reaching out to and meeting with undergraduate and graduate student organizations, colleges, offices, services, and programs that exist on KU’s campus.
- Tabling at least four times per semester at the Kansas Union, Wescoe Beach, or other relevant locations.
- Creating flyers, posters, social media posts, and other promotional materials in coordination with the Public Relations Director to increase awareness of the Student Senate.
- Coordinate one event a year with the Center for Community Outreach and Student Union Activities, respectively, to promote partnership between Union organizations.
- Upon the determination of the elections schedule, the Outreach Director will create and circulate a flier and host a public forum with the following information: a. How a student can file for candidacy. b. The deadline to file for candidacy. c. The timeline for the elections. 6. Be responsible for other tasks as may be assigned by the Student Body President, the Student Executive Council, or the Student Senate.
- Must be enrolled in at least 6 credit hours at KU in the Fall and Spring of semesters.
- Available on Wednesday nights from 5pm-10pm for Student Senate meetings.
- Previous experience with Student Senate.
- Previous experience in policy implementation.
Additional Candidate Instructions
Complete application includes:
- Completion of online application
- Must include resume and PowerPoint presentation explaining what you are looking to accomplish through the role.
- Resume should include any skills, qualifications, and/or experiences that would be applicable to this position
Contact Information to Applicants
Madison Orrange, Student Senate Coordinator, Student Involvement and Leadership Center
Advertised Salary Range
This position will be approximately 10 hours per week.
Anticipated Start Date
Monday August 21, 2023