Student Office Assistant
The Student Office Assistant will help assist students, faculty, staff and visitors for the Department of Speech-Language-Hearing. This position will have access to confidential information that must be handled in accordance with University policies and procedures regarding its use and disclosure.
Successful candidate(s) will work at the receptionist’s desk in the main office of the Speech-Language-Hearing Department where they will greet visitors, students, faculty, and staff; with duties such as: answering phones, copying, filing, fielding walk-in questions, running errands, and performing other general office duties as assigned.
- Must be currently enrolled at the University of Kansas as an undergraduate or graduate student
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word) as evidenced by application material
- During the academic year, the student hourly must be enrolled in no fewer than 6 credit hours. For summer periods the student hourly must: 1) have been enrolled in no less than 6 hours in the past spring semester or 2) be pre-enrolled in upcoming fall semester in no less than 6 hours or 3) be enrolled in summer session or 4) be admitted to study in the upcoming fall semester. Student Hourlies may be undergraduate or graduate students (Exceptions granted for GRA/GTA/GA appointments DO NOT apply to Student Hourly appointments).
- Federal Work Study eligibility
- Previous experience working in an office
Additional Candidate Instructions
A complete application will include a cover letter and resume or CV. Apply online and submit a letter describing your qualifications for this position. Only complete applications will be considered.
Contact Information to Applicants
Sondra Murphy - email@example.com
Advertised Salary Range
To be determined
Anticipated Start Date
Monday May 22, 2023