Pool: RedTire Program Finance Analyst - 23005BR
Pool: RedTire Program Finance Analyst
The dual objectives, of the role is to firstly, provide assistance to the RedTire Program Manager / Director in delivering quality business and technical consulting assistance to RedTire clients. Secondly, the aim of the role is to provide the incumbent with an excellent experiential learning opportunity of ‘live real-world’ case scenarios where the aim is to successfully transition a business from a retiring owner, by redefining their retirement, to a new younger owner who will acquire their business.
This intern will receive the benefit of:
- Applying academic valuation techniques to a live company and learning other small business valuation techniques that are not generally taught in the academic accounting or finance classroom.
- Obtaining direct experience and insight into how the deal process works.
- Gaining valuable experience in dealing with project related work.
- Assist with day-to-day administration of RedTire.
- Help with leads for candidate business (sellers) and buyers for inclusion in the program.
- Extrapolate raw financial data (from tax returns and company P&L’s) into RedTire models.
- Perform business valuation analyses using established models and procedures.
- Help with industry, location and market research initiatives.
- Other ad-hoc financial and modelling analysis duties as required.
- Academic background should show that the person has a basic knowledge and understanding of finance, accounting procedures and financial analysis.
- Must be detail-orientated and methodical in analyzing data (like tax information) and have a demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments.
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Must be current KU Business student, enrolled in at least 6 credit hours, as evidenced in application materials.
- Experience in MS Word & MS Excel.
- Prefer business undergraduate (with finance or accounting tracks) or MACC or MBA student that can fit in the required hours per week.
Contact Information to Applicants
Advertised Salary Range
10-15 hours/week, flexible days during the semester
25-40 hours/week during summer & winter recess (potential)